Minimum Qualifications of Applicants
To be eligible for admission to the DNP Nurse Anesthesia Program, potential candidates must submit evidence of:
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing from an ACEN or CCNE accredited program or its equivalent.
- GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Minimum of one year (full-time) of recent (within 5 years) critical care experience. Get more information about eligible critical care experience here.
- All non-native English speaking applicants are required to submit either official TOEFL or IELTS results.
- TOEFL: Applicants must score a minimum of 83 (with 26 in speaking) on the iBT (internet-based test) in order to be considered for admission.
- IELTS: Applicants must score at least 6.5 overall (7 in speaking band) in order to be considered for admission.
When you register for the TOEFL or IELTS, please request that your results be sent directly to Villanova University. The institutional code is 2959.
- Satisfactory completion of a statistics course, which includes both descriptive and inferential statistics.
- Satisfactory academic record.
- ACLS Certification.
- CCRN Preferred.
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse (USA.)
The complete DNP-NA application packet includes the following:
- Completed Online Application for Admission. You can complete your application HERE.
- Personal Goal Statement: An essay identifying career goals and conceptualization of the nurse anesthetist role that is congruent with the objectives of the program, and demonstrates professional communication and writing skills.
- Application fee.
- Satisfactory performance on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or MAT is required for the Nurse Anesthesia Program for applicants who earned a cumulative BSN grade point average (GPA) of less than 3.4on a 4.0 scale. The GRE or MAT requirement is waived for applicants who earned a cumulative BSN (GPA) of 3.4 or greater on a 4.0 scale.
- TOEFL or IELTS* (non-native English speaking applicants).
- Transcripts from all schools attended.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from clinical or academic professionals who are in a position to judge your performance/professional skills. One of these letters MUST be from a direct supervisor.
- Copy of current RN license.
- Admission interview.
- Upon acceptance, a comprehensive criminal background check through Complio (Villanova University’s online compliance tracking service) is required.
International Students Admission
Get International Students Admission details here.
Crozer-Chester Medical Center / Villanova University Nurse Anesthesia Program
100 West Sproul Road, Suite 222
Springfield, PA 19064
Jodie Szlachta CRNA, PhD, Program Director
Matt McCoy CRNA, DNP, Associate Program Director
Carlene McLaughlin, PhD, CRNA, DNP Project Director
Denise Lamb, Program Coordinator
Villanova University Nurse Anesthesia Doctor of Nursing Practice
Get additional information on the Crozer-Chester Medical Center / Villanova University Nurse Anesthesia Doctor of Nursing Practice Program.