The Crozer-Chester Medical Center / Villanova University Nurse Anesthesia program prepares seasoned critical care nurses with a sound base of theoretical knowledge and clinical experience in the practice of nursing anesthesia.
Graduates receive a Doctor of Nursing Practice Degree in Nurse Anesthesia from Villanova University's M. Louise Fitzpatrick College of Nursing. They are highly regarded and actively recruited by local and national anesthesia departments.
Skills Taught During Program
- The program is a collaboration between Villanova University and Crozer-Chester Medical Center.
- The 36-month, 73-credit full-time DNP program consists of a didactic and clinical experience that exceeds the minimum requirements set forth by the Council on Accreditation.
- The program is fully accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs recognized by both the USDE and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation as the accrediting agency for nurse anesthesia.
- Upon completion of the professional curriculum, the student is eligible to sit for the National Certification Exam administered by the National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists.
- Students are also scheduled for clinical experience “on call” to provide valuable exposure to the pathophysiology and process of emergency anesthesia care.
- The full-time adjunct faculty consists of board-certified anesthesiologists, certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNAs), doctorally-prepared nurses and guest lecturers.
- Students have access to all facilities at Crozer-Chester Medical Center and its affiliating institutions and students gain experience at numerous clinical sites in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware.
- Students will have the opportunity to administer, under supervision, all types of anesthesia for patients in every age group. Clinical instruction is provided with an emphasis on building psychomotor skills, developing independent decision making and analytical thinking for the comprehensive development of competent and confident graduate clinicians.
Crozer-Chester Medical Center / Villanova University Nurse Anesthesia Program
100 West Sproul Road, Suite 222
Springfield, PA 19064
Jodie Szlachta Ph.D., CRNA, Program Director
Matt McCoy DNP, CRNA, Associate Program Director
Carlene McLaughlin, PhD, CRNA, CHSE, Director of DNP Projects & Simulation
Alice Jurski, EdD, APN-A, CRNA, Faculty
Denise Lamb, SPHR, SCP, Program Manager
Villanova University Nurse Anesthesia Doctor of Nursing Practice
Get additional information on the Crozer-Chester Medical Center / Villanova University Nurse Anesthesia Doctor of Nursing Practice Program.