Welcome to the Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship Program
Our mission is to recruit and train the highest caliber physicians in sports medicine by providing an optimal training environment, which is fully accredited by the Residency Review Committee's standards of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education while supporting Crozer Health's academic and wellness goals and initiatives.
Benefits & General Information
- Length of Fellowship: One year
- Number of Positions: Accredited for two
- Primary Faculty: David Webner, M.D., Program Director; Kevin DuPrey, D.O., Program Co-Director
- Salary: $61,133.00
- Benefits: Health, dental, malpractice, life and disability insurance; free use of Healthplex Sports Club
- Vacation: Four weeks
- CME: The fellowship provides annual dues and attendance for the annual AMSSM and ACSM national meetings. In addition, the fellowship provides five days and a $1,800 allowance for CME.
Learn more about the academic, administrative and other requirements for the Sports Medicine Fellowship.
Learn more about the application process and get important contact information for the Sports Medicine Fellowship.
- Healthplex Sports Medicine Institute: Three half-days per week with the director or associate director of Sports Medicine Program.
- Crozer Health Center for Family Health: One half-day per week seeing Family Medicine patients.
- University of Delaware Sports Medicine Clinic: Two half-days per week seeing NCAA-Division I athletes and working with the head team physician, athletic trainers, and physical therapists.
- Other Continuity: Those fellows who are internal medicine, pediatrics, emergency medicine, and physiatry will have their continuity experience for one-half day weekly at either the Crozer Health Center for Family Health or an alternate department in or affiliated with the Crozer Health.
In the Crozer Health Family Health Clinic, fellows report to the director of the Family Medicine Residency Program.
In the Crozer Health Sports Medicine Clinic, fellows report to the director and associate director of the Sports Medicine Fellowship Program.
In the University of Delaware Sports Medicine Clinic, fellows report to the director of the university's Sports Medicine Program.
Record Keeping: Fellows will log all procedures performed and operations assisted; all sports medicine cases will be tracked by an electronic record system.
Review Process: Fellows are subject to quarterly review with the fellowship director and associate director.
David Webner, M.D., Program Director
Healthplex Sports Medicine Institute
196 W. Sproul Road, Suite 110
Springfield, PA 19064
How to Apply
Applications can be made on Electronic Residency Application Services (ERAS).