About Crozer Health
Crozer Health was established by the merger in 1990 of Crozer-Chester Medical Center in Upland and Delaware County Memorial Hospital in Drexel Hill, as well as the subsequent addition of two other hospitals – Taylor Hospital in Ridley Park and Springfield Hospital in Springfield – to the health system. In July 2016, Crozer Health was acquired by Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc. Through its hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, clinics, and doctors’ offices, Crozer Health provides comprehensive, quality inpatient and outpatient medical services at locations across Delaware County.
The health system continues its longstanding commitment to training new generations of physicians and other health care providers and maintains its support for community programs that improve the health and well-being of residents and families throughout the area. As the largest employer in the county, Crozer Health is a dynamic economic presence, helping support many local vendors and businesses. Many Crozer Health employees live, shop, worship, volunteer, and otherwise take an active role in the communities served by the health system.
Our Mission and Vision
To share the joy of caring. To be the trusted health and community partner in Delaware County.
Investment in Crozer Health’s Patients, Physicians, and People
Crozer Health's core values were developed to drive culture integration, standardize performance expectations, and to promote specific behaviors expected for all employees across the organization. These are our primary values and are deeply ingrained principles that guide our hospital and serve as our personal and operational cornerstones. These values are constant in our interactions and are reflected in every internal and external interactions as we fulfill our mission and vision.
We honor our commitments and focus on “how it can be done.”
- We take ownership and deliver results without excuses.
- We are dependable; we are on time and are present.
- We follow through on our commitments.
- We are knowledgeable about what is expected of us.
- We take responsibility for our actions.
- We lead by example.
We understand and reflect the diverse communities we serve.
- We communicate to develop a personal connection.
- We engage in active listening.
- We demonstrate kindness to self and others.
- We act to address suffering at all times.
- We are aware of self-bias and refrain from passing judgment.
- We serve as an advocate for those in need.
We are committed to highest quality and safety standards.
- We strive to always demonstrate positive behaviors.
- We recognize and celebrate outstanding performance.
- We use evidence-based solutions to solve problems.
- We always speak up for safety.
- We continuously improve.
We embrace change and continually seek new ways to improve.
- We seek out and listen to others’ ideas.
- We challenge the status quo and the routine way of doing business.
- We are open to change even in the midst of ambiguity.
- We seek out best practices and new ways of doing things.
- We maintain an open mind to new ideas.
- We offer creative solutions to solve organizational challenges.
- We are resilient and adaptable in the face of challenges.
We recognize trusting relationships are key to achieving success.
- We demonstrate collaboration within and outside our individual departments.
- We seek others input to address challenges and make decisions.
- We actively support others to learn and grow.
- We recognize team members for a job well done.
- We consistently seek out others who need to know or be involved.
- We consider how our individual actions affect the team.
We treat others as they want to be treated.
- We care about others as people first.
- We treat people with dignity, politeness, and kindness.
- We never insult, disparage, belittle, or shut down people or their ideas.
- We engage with one another regardless of titles, positions, or tenure.
- We assume good intent in all our interactions with each other and ask for clarity when necessary.
- We are in the moment and engage one another with appropriate verbal and non-verbal expressions.
We are down-to-earth, honest, and approachable.
- We honor our words and commitments.
- We say what we mean, and we mean what we say.
- We do the right thing even when no one is watching.
- We consider all available information when forming an opinion, making a decision, or reaching a conclusion.
- We speak up when something does not seem right.
- We do not engage in gossip.
- We maintain confidentiality.
Crozer Healthis committed to improving the health of our community and those we serve.
Honors and Awards
Health System Awards
Quality and Patient Safety
Our goal is to keep patients safe and comfortable while encouraging active participation in treatment.
Crozer Health Medical Group (CHMG)
Our goal is to provide quality care for families across the region and contribute to a healthy community.
An ACO is a group of doctors, hospitals, and other healthcare providers who come together voluntarily to coordinate high-quality care for Medicare patients better meet their individual needs and preferences.