Topics covered include:
- What is a carbohydrate?
- Carbohydrate counting made easy
- How many can I have for my meals and snacks?
- An individual meal plan is provided
- How do I read the food label?
- Why is fiber important to me and my blood sugar control?
- Sugar, Sugar Substitutes and Sugar Alcohol
- Healthy heart eating: Lean meats and healthy fats
- How to include desserts into my meal plan
- Guidelines for use of Alcohol
- Sick Day Guidelines
- Dining Out
- Fast Food
- Plate Method
- Clearing up calorie confusion
Food models and other visuals are used to give specific examples of portions and meal planning.
Participants are welcome to bring a support person.
Program participants may be required to have an insurance referral and/or a signed doctor note. This information can be faxed to 610-328-8922. Please check with your insurance carrier regarding your coverage.
All participants are encouraged to meet at The Center for Diabetes prior to the start of class and a member of the team will guide the class to the conference room.