Stop Falls before They Stop You!
THIS EVENT IS COMPLETELY ONLINE. Please note that both sessions are required to complete the course.
Did you know? The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention notes that:
- Every 20 minutes, an older adult in the U.S. dies from a fall.
- Falls are the most common cause of traumatic brain injury.
What can you do? Be proactive!
Crozer Health and the Delaware County Office of Services for the Aging are collaborating to offer you the Healthy Steps Program VIRTUALLY! Healthy Steps is a program developed by the PA Department of Aging to help reduce the risk of falls among older adults. The program’s focus is on:
- Environmental & Home Safety
- Health Status/Disease States
- Maintaining an Active Lifestyle
- Foot Health
- Social Connectedness
- Sensory Deficits (vision & hearing)
- Mental & Spiritual Well-being
- Side Effects of Medication
- Exercises to Increase Strength, Balance, and Flexibility