Supplemental Staffing Services
Crozer Health's Supplemental Staffing Services is dedicated to developing a system-wide per diem nursing pool that will assist in staffing at Crozer-Chester Medical Center, Delaware County Memorial Hospital, and Springfield and Taylor Hospitals. SSS also provides staffing to the Rejuvenations Unit in Media.
Supplemental Staffing Services provides flexible schedules and premium rate of pay for experienced nurses. Supplemental Staffing nurses will fill in for pre-existing shifts, as well as "call out" shift vacancies, giving nurses the added flexibility of filling in on long-term and short-term assignments.
Premium Wages and Flexibility
Supplemental Staffing Services nurses are expected to work at all Crozer Health hospitals on a per diem basis. All nurses who join the system-wide pool will receive the premium rate of:
Eligibility requirements to join the Crozer Health Supplemental Staffing Services team are:
- One year of hospital clinical experience in a healthcare organization within the past two years
- Current Pennsylvania registered nurse license or temporary practice permit
- Current CPR certification (or obtained prior to employment start date)
- Monitor unit staff must be ACLS certified
- Passing score of 84 percent on pre-employment testing specific to area of practice
The following requirements must be met as an employee of the Supplemental Staffing team:
- A minimum of 48 hours per month, including one 8-hour weekend shift
- Ability to work at all Crozer Health hospitals (Crozer-Chester Medical Center, Delaware County Memorial Hospital, Springfield Hospital, and Taylor Hospital, including Rejuvenations)
- A minimum commitment of two minor holidays must be scheduled per year
Minor Holidays Include
- President's Day
- Valentine's Day
- Mother's Day
- Father's Day
- Eve before Thanksgiving
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve, 3-11
- New Years Eve, 3-11
Major holidays are not a commitment; however, if you choose to work a major holiday, you will be paid at the premium rate.
Major Holidays Include
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
To learn more about this exciting opportunity and how you can be part of the Supplemental Services team, call 610-447-6213.