Crozer Health Recognizes Seven Employees of the Quarter
Crozer Health recently acknowledged seven employees with Employee of the Quarter awards in gratitude for their dedication and service. Recipients received a framed certificate recognizing the accomplishment along with a $100 check.
- Clare Daniels of Media is a registered dietitian for the Critical Care ICU unit at Crozer-Chester Medical Center in Upland. “Clare is an asset to our clinical nutrition department,” said a colleague. “Clare’s can do approach has a positive impact on the attitude and performance of others. As part of her master’s thesis, Clare initiated a CKHS Malnutrition Program to educate registered dietitians, nurses, physicians, and documentation specialist on the impact of malnutrition. This, in turn, triggered an entire process and culture change across the health system, dramatically improving clinical documentation and supporting overall revenue generation. Clare’s steadfast passion and commitment to the project has created a significant performance improvement initiative throughout the health system.”
- Valarie Pittman of Claymont, DE, is a nurse patient navigator in the Crozer Health Opioid Treatment Center of Excellence at Community Hospital in Chester. A co-worker commented, “Valarie has a heart of gold and an outstanding work ethic. She is always ready and willing to assist others in need. Valarie has built therapeutic and supportive relationships with the patients we serve through the Center of Excellence. She always has a smile on her face and is delightful to work with.”
- Gloria Hooks of Woodlyn is an environmental services aide at Springfield Hospital. A colleague said: “Gloria is a humble, hardworking employee who goes above and beyond to help others.”
- Barbara Bowman of Havertown is a site coordinator for lab administration at Delaware County Memorial Hospital in Drexel Hill. “Barbara works as a team player on a daily basis. Under stressful Lab conditions, she is always cheerful and helpful.” raved a co-worker.
- Alexandra DeMarcantonio of Sharon Hill works as a radiology tech aide at Crozer Health at Broomall. A co-worker said: “Very often Ali is the first person patients come in contact with while visiting our Broomall location. Ali answers the phone, gives directions, prepares paperwork, handles scheduling & helps patients with any questions or concerns they have. Doing this with a smile can sometimes be challenging. However, Ali does it flawlessly - never once complaining.”
- Nicole Salladino of Garnet Valley is a registered nurse in the rehabilitation unit at Taylor Hospital in Ridley Park. “Nicole is a caring and compassionate nurse. She is well liked by her patients and co-workers. Nicole has clinical expertise and guides our newer staff members. She is the true definition of a leader and takes pride in her work to ensure quality care for all patients,” commented a colleague.
- Lisa O'Hagan of Havertown works as a medical assistant at the Milmont Park Family Practice. A co-worker said: “Lisa is a phenomenal employee who goes above and beyond the needs of our office. Lisa has a positive and uplifting attitude with our patients and their families. She takes pride in the office and wants our team to achieve every goal set forth.”
About the Employee of the Quarter
Non-management Crozer Health employees from all hospital sites, outpatient services sites and Crozer Health Medical Group Offices are eligible for the Employee of the Quarter Award. The award recognizes those employees who day in and day out serve as a wonderful example for their co-workers in one or more of the following ways:
- Providing High-Quality Patient Care
- Consistently Delivering Outstanding Performance
- Attaining Outstanding Achievement
- Exemplifying the Standards of Performance
- Being a Loyal Employee