Employees from across the Crozer Health system recently donated much-needed items to support the people of Ukraine. On Friday, April 1, a team of 30 employees gathered at Springfield Hospital to organize, pack, and ship the donations overseas.
Crozer Health worked with Dr. Roxolana Horbowyj with the Ukrainian Medical Association of North America/World Federation of Ukrainian Medical Associations, and the Holy Myrrh-Bearer’s Ukrainian Church in Swarthmore, to identify the items most needed. All Crozer Health hospitals and surgery centers acted as collection sites.
Employees donated baby wipes and diapers, warm clothing, personal care items, pet supplies, and more. In addition, Crozer Health donated dozens of boxes of medical supplies.
“We were glad to do our part to help the people of Ukraine during this terrible time,” said Jenny Santiago, Springfield Hospital Administrator and COO of Crozer-Chester Medical Center. “The response to our effort was incredible, and I thank all of our employees for their generosity.”
It was a rewarding experience for all involved.
Crozer Health employees who coordinated and packaged the donations included:
- Danielle Gower Adamski, Marketing
- Lori Bookbinder, Communications
- Karen Ciamarella, Nursing
- Margaret Collazzo, Nursing
- Danielle Decker, Trauma
- Connie Falato, Nursing
- Joelle McManus, Radiology
- Christine Mendez, Nursing
- Allison Monaghan, Nursing
- Peaches Procaccio, Nursing
- Sandra Puka, Compliance
- Jenny Santiago, Administration
- Lucinda Scheuren, Pharmacy
- Lisa Schuhl, Materials Management
- Tracy Scota, Administration
- Gwen Smith, Nursing
- Marissa Umile, Surgery
- Guy Voelbel, Materials Management
- Susan Winkles, Benefits