Children, Adolescents, Teenagers, Adults, Seniors
Sports Medicine, Podiatry
Approach to Patient Care
I treat each patient as an individual with regard to the type of injury, work, age, and lifestyle. I provide a complete and thorough history and examination and explain the cause of their injuries and present a treatment plan that will be in compliance with their lifestyle. I place special emphasis on preventing recurrence of the injury.
Additional ProceduresTreatment of Sports Injuries; Custom Orthotics
- Podiatric Orthopedics
- Primary Podiatric Medicine
Medical SchoolTemple University School of Podiatry (Pennsylvania College of Podiatric Medicine)
ResidencyOffice of Dr. El Freed
Teaching or Professional Positions
- Assistant Professor, Department of Orthopedics, Temple University Medical School
- Consultant of Sports Medicine Center and Director of the Runner's Clinic, Temple University Sports Medicine
- Consultant for Athletic Department and Podiatrist for Athletic Teams, St. Joe's University (1979 - 2000)
- Doctor for Athletic Teams, Philadelphia University
- Podiatrist, Philadelphia 76ers (1979-1996)
Honors and Awards
- 'Philly's Fittest Physicians' by Philly Health and Fitness Magazine
I am certified in Sports Nutrition and Personal Training and am very active in sports, especially running, bicycling and martial arts. I am a published author of multiple articles on sports medicine and a regular speaker at many local and national Podiatry and Sports Medicine seminars.
Berman has admitting privileges at Crozer-Chester Medical Center, Springfield Hospital, and Taylor Hospital.