Behavioral Health, Detoxification and Rehabilitation, Methadone Treatment, Psychiatry, Substance Abuse Services
Addiction, Chemical and Behavioral, Affective Disorders
Dual Diagnoses, Mood Disorders, Biomarkers, Psychiatric Genetics
Approach to Patient Care
Together with our team, I want to offer my long-term clinical experience and sincere working ethic to help individuals we meet to change their behaviors in a positive and healthy way, suited for their individual needs. I believe in good diagnostic evaluation leading to formulation of treatment plans, and also, seeing the whole person.
Psychiatry and Neurology
Faculty of Medicine, Helsinki University
Temple University Hospital
University of Pennsylvania, Psychiatry
Other Training and Certification
- Ph.D. in human psychopharmacology on drug-drug and drug-alcohol interactions on human behavior in a simulated traffic laboratory. 1989.
- Completed psychiatry residency during1991-1996 at Karolinska Hospital, KI of Clinical Neuroscience, Stockholm, Sweden
- Worked as an attending in psychiatry at Magnus Huss Clinic, KS/KI, Stockholm, Sweden; a WHO center of excellence for training and research in substance use disorders.
- American Psychiatric Association
- International Society of Research on Impulsivity
- Scandinavian College of Neuropsychopharmacology
- Finnish Medical Association
- Finnish Psychiatric Association
Teaching or Professional Positions
Volunteer Faculty at College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia
Mattila-Evenden has admitting privileges at Crozer-Chester Medical Center, Delaware County Memorial Hospital, Springfield Hospital, and Taylor Hospital.