Robotic Surgery, Thoracic Surgery
Lung Cancer, Esophageal Cancer, Mediastinal Masses
Approach to Patient Care
Having lost several close family members, including a twin brother, to lung cancer, I feel my empathy with patients and their families is invaluable in guiding them through an incredibly stressful time.
- All types of lung resections
- Esophageal resections
- Mediastinal resections, particularly thymoma resections
- Robotic procedures of all types
- All types of pleural procedures
- Treatment of thoracic infections
- Diagnostic work-ups for all types of thoracic malignancies
State University of New York at Buffalo/Cardiothoracic Surgery
University of South Carolina School of Medicine
Mercy Catholic Medical Center
Teaching or Professional Positions
Clinical Assistant Profesor of Surgery, Pennsylvania State School of Medicine, Hershey, Pa.
- American Medical Association
- Society of Thoracic Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- Eastern Cardiothoracic Surgical Society
Honors and Awards
- Teacher of the Year, Pennsylvania State School of Medicine at Hershey, 2017
- Best Thoracic Presentation, Eastern Cardiothoracic Surgical Society Meeting, 2007
- Decreasing time between discovery of lung cancer and treatment
- Improving pleural emphysema treatment
- Lung cancer genomics utilization
Other Training and Certifications
- Spent year from July 1991 to June 1992 at Emory University in cardiothoracic surgical research
- Registered physician vascular technologist
Member of school board, coached different youth teams when my children were younger, physical fitness enthusiast, and I am an avid Eagles fan.
One of 13 children.
Whitlark has admitting privileges at Crozer-Chester Medical Center, Delaware County Memorial Hospital, Springfield Hospital, and Taylor Hospital.