Request an Appointment
See a Provider
Related Care Providers
Find a Team
Related Care Locations
Find a Location
Forty million Americans have a sleep disorder. Are you one of them?
If you have trouble sleeping, chances are you’ve rationalized it in any number of ways. But not resting soundly on a regular basis might be costing you more than just pleasant dreams – an untreated sleep disorder can lead to serious health problems such as high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, depression and more.
Established in 1978, Crozer Health's accredited, multidisciplinary program is the first in the Delaware Valley to earn national accreditation. Our program includes a team of board-certified physician specialists who are trained in sleep medicine, as well as other specialty areas:
- Pediatric Sleep Medicine
- Oral-Maxillofacial Surgery, Dentistry
- Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose and Throat)
Our team also includes a caring and compassionate technical staff.
The Sleep Centers at Crozer Health Pavilion at Brinton Lake, Delaware County Memorial Hospital, and Taylor Hospital are accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. Accreditation assures patients that the Crozer Health Sleep Centers offer superior quality medical care.
Common Adult Sleep Disorders
Sleepiness is commonly experienced by anyone who is sleep-deprived. Evaluation at the Crozer Health Sleep Centers will help confirm a diagnosis and establish a treatment program. The following are the most common adult sleep disorders:
- Chronic Sleep Deprivation: A severe and continual lack of sleep, when the patient routinely sleeps less than what is required for optimal functioning.
- Insomnia: Short and poor quality sleep that affects your functioning during the day.
- Narcolepsy: A chronic disorder of the central nervous system characterized by the brain's inability to control sleep-wake cycles.
- Parasomnias: A disruptive sleep-related disorder that can occur during arousals from rapid eye movement (REM) sleep or arousals from non-rapid eye movement (NREM) sleep.
- Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (PLMD): Simple, repetitive, uncontrollable and often imperceptive muscle movements that occur while your body is at rest.
- Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS): A condition in which your legs feel very uncomfortable when you're sitting or lying down.
- Sleep Apnea: A serious, potentially life-threatening condition that is far more common than generally understood.
In-Lab Sleep Studies
The fancy name for the most common type of sleep study is polysomnography, and it’s the gold standard in testing for sleep disorders. It might sound intimidating, but the process is actually low-key and painless.
Home Sleep Studies
If your doctor is recommending testing for sleep apnea, be sure to ask your Crozer Health sleep technician if you qualify for our new at-home sleep study.
Why Choose Crozer Health?
We’re an overnight success – for more than 40 years
From testing to treatment, no other health system in the Delaware Valley offers the level of experience, expertise and world-class care you’ll find at Crozer Health ’s sleep centers.
Comprehensive Treatment Program
A lifetime prescription for better sleep
The Crozer Health Sleep Centers offer in-lab sleep studies as well as home studies for patients who meet specific criteria. Our board-certified physicians are fellowship-trained to evaluate, diagnose and treat all types of sleep disorders, including:
- Snoring and sleep apnea
- Pediatric sleep disorders
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Sedative dependence
- Circadian rhythm disorders
- Chronic sleep deprivation
The Crozer Health Sleep Centers are accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, and we’re nationally known as a fellowship training site. Established in 1978, we’re the oldest accredited program for the evaluation of patients with sleep-related problems in the Greater Delaware Valley.
High-tech sleep medicine in four-star comfort
At the Crozer Health Sleep Centers, you won’t find narrow hospital beds, glaring lights or cold tile floors.
Instead, you’ll take advantage of the latest advances in sleep testing technology in the comfort of your hotel-like suite.
Each of our four new or newly remodeled sleep centers allows you the relaxed atmosphere you need:
- Private rooms with double or queen-size beds
- Private bathrooms and complimentary toiletries
- Quality bed linens and towels
- Flat-screen televisions and free wireless Internet access
- Light snacks and breakfast
Unique Multidisciplinary Approach
Crozer Health ’s unique approach to treating sleep disorders can’t be found at every sleep center. Our multidisciplinary team includes board-certified physician specialists trained in sleep medicine, as well as seven other medical specialties.