Highly Regarded Inpatient Rehab Center at Taylor Hospital
The Crozer Health Regional Rehabilitation Center at Taylor Hospital offers comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation services tailored to meet the special needs of each patient in a welcoming, fully appointed setting with private rooms, easy access to gyms and other equipment, and all levels of medical care readily available.
The center provides specialized inpatient rehab programs to treat and help patients recover from major medical conditions such as stroke, multiple trauma injuries, brain injury, spinal cord injury, and neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, and Guillain-Barre Syndrome. The center’s care teams also offer general rehabilitation programs, including for arthritis, cancer, cardiac and pulmonary disease as well as functional decline due to prolonged illness.
Led by a physiatrist, a doctor specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation, the care team develops an individual treatment plan for each patient and family. Patient education and family participation are integrated into the process to support the most successful outcomes.
Discover why inpatient rehabilitation at Regional Rehabilitation Center - Taylor Hospital might be the right choice for the next phase in your recovery.
Your Inpatient Rehabilitation Treatment Team
Treatment teams for inpatient rehabilitation are unique and tailored to meet the special needs of each patient.
Your team will be comprised of a combination of the following specialists:
Physiatrist * Speech/Language Pathologist Primary Care Physician Audiologist Internal Medicine Physician Respiratory Therapist Consulting Physician Specialists Care Manager/Social Worker/Care Coordinator Rehabilitation Nurse Psychologist/Psychiatrist Physical Therapist Dietitian Occupational Therapist Pharmacist
* A physiatrist, a doctor who specializes in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, leads the clinical team in developing an individual treatment plan to meet the needs of each patient and family. Patient education and family participation are integrated into the process to support the most successful outcomes.
Our Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities and Amenities
We are dedicated to helping our patients achieve their rehabilitation goals in a welcoming, fully-appointed setting, with private rooms, easy access to gyms and other equipment, and all levels of medical care readily available if needed.
Patients enjoy breakfast and lunch in our Rehab Café. Mealtimes are at 8 a.m., noon, and 5 p.m. The evening meal is served in your hospital room. Please check with the nursing staff prior to bringing in food from home.
Features and Amenities
- Convenient and Handicap-Accessible Parking
- Private Patient Rooms
- Dining Room
- Therapy Gyms
- On-site Pharmacy
- Diagnostics (MRI, CT, etc.)
- Chemotherapy & Radiation Services
What to Bring
In order to make your inpatient stay as comfortable and productive as possible, we recommend that you bring the following items:
- Comfortable day and night clothes
- Safe, comfortable footwear (preferably rubber-soled shoes)
- Personal grooming items and toiletries
- List of home medications
- All insurance cards
- Photo ID
- Copy of Advance Directives/Living Will/Power of Attorney
Your family is responsible for your personal laundry. A washer and dryer are available on the unit for your use at no cost.
Who is Eligible for Inpatient Rehabilitation Services?
In order to be eligible for hospital-based rehabilitation services, a patient must:
- Need daily access to a physiatrist (physician who specializes in rehabilitation medicine)
- Require 24-hour rehabilitation nursing
- Need at least two types of therapy (physical, occupational and/or speech)
- Be able to tolerate a relatively intense therapy program that consists of at least three hours of therapy per day, five days a week
- Have the ability to achieve rehabilitation goals in a reasonable period of time.
To find out more, please call:
- Delaware County Memorial Hospital at (610) 284-8727
- Taylor Hospital at (610) 595-6540
Who Can Refer a Patient for Rehabilitation?
The Rehabilitation Unit accepts referrals from:
- Patient’s family members
- Health care professionals
Admission to our units will depend on the patient meeting eligibility requirements and results from a pre-admission evaluation.
Main Line: 610-595-6810
Fax Line: 502-413-8122