Academic & Administrative Requirements
- Didactic Programs: Fellows attend the Sports Medicine Weekly Didactic Lectures at the Sports Medicine Institute, the biannual Primary Care Sports Medicine Regional Journal Club, quarterly Philadelphia Orthopedic Society of Sports Medicine (POSSM) meeting, and the quarterly Pennsylvania Hospital Journal Club.
- Research/Writing: Fellows submit one case report with topic review of the literature or submit an abstract of an original research project. In addition, fellows submit one case report at each of the AMSSM and ACSM annual meetings.
- Presentations: During the course of the year, fellows are required to make six sports medicine presentations at Family Medicine Residency Program lectures and workshops.
- Sports Medicine Faculty Department Meetings: Twice per month
- Research Time: One half-day per week
- Rotations: Three half-days per week (sports orthopedics, nutrition, psychology, sports neurology, etc.)
- High School Injury Clinic: Two to four hours per week at assigned high school, performed during the allotted half-day session at Sports Medicine Clinic
- High School Sports Coverage: JV and Varsity home football games and wrestling meets at Interboro High School (Prospect Park, Pa.), Ridley High School (Folsom, Pa.), Penn Wood High School (Lansdowne, Pa.), Chester High School (Chester, Pa.) and Monsignor Bonner High School (Drexel Hill, Pa.)
- Mass Participation Events: Keystone State Games, Philadelphia Triathlon in Fairmount Park™, Pennsylvania Senior Games, Marine Corps Marathon, and USPRO (Cycling) Championships
- NCAA-Division III Sports Medicine Experience: All University of Delaware home and selected away football game coverage
- USOC-Designated Center for Human Performance at Crozer Health 's Healthplex: Human performance lab and athletic testing site where pulmonary stress tests, exercise stress testing and research are conducted
- Call: From Home for Sports Medicine Clinic only
How to Apply
The Crozer Health Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship Program is open to all primary care physicians who have completed a residency, including family medicine, pediatrics, internal medicine emergency medicine and physical medicine & rehabilitation.
Crozer Health Sports Medicine Fellowship
Healthplex® Sports Medicine Institute
Healthplex Medical Office Pavilion
190 West Sproul Road, Suite 110
Springfield, PA 19064