Basic Life Support - CPR
The Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Classroom Course provides a wide variety of healthcare professionals with the ability to identify life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner.
Students will learn skills through the following course content:
- Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
- Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
- Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
- CPR with an advanced airway*
*This is an introduction to the compression/ventilation rate and ratio for a patient who has an advanced airway in place. For more information on advanced airways, please refer to the Airway Management Course.
Length of Course
Initial Provider Course requires approximately 4.5 hours to complete, this includes skills practice and skills testing.
Renewal Course requires approximately 4 hours, including skills practice and skills testing.
*this course time is based on 1 instructor: 6 student: 2 manikins
The cost for the Basic Life Support-CPR course is $80.
Who Should Take This Course?
The BLS-CPR course is intended for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of in- and out-of-hospital settings.
This audience includes:
- EMS professionals
- Students in a healthcare program at a university/college
- Allied health professionals (physical therapists, occupational therapist, athletic trainers, etc.)
- Others who may need training in basic life support skills.
For more information please contact: