Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
Developed by the American College of Surgeons and its Committee on Trauma, Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) provides participants with a safe, reliable set of protocols to effectively assess and manage trauma patients. ATLS training provides comprehensive, easily adaptable, standard techniques for the immediate management and care of trauma patients. We offer the two-day ATLS provider course, the one-day ATLS renewal course, and the one-day ATLS instructor course.
At the conclusion of the course, students will be able to:
- Assess the patient’s condition rapidly and accurately
- Resuscitate and stabilize the patient according to priority
- Determine if the patient’s needs exceed a facility’s capacity
- Arrange appropriately for the patient’s inter-hospital transfer (who, what, when and how)
- Assure that optimum care is provided and that the level of care does not deteriorate at any point during the evaluation, resuscitation or transfer process.
Length of Course
- ATLS provider course - two days
- ATLS renewal course - one day
- Instructor course - one day
Cost of Course
- ATLS provider course
- Physician: $999
- Resident: $850
- Advanced practice clinician: $900
- ATLS renewal course
- Physician: $695
- Resident: $595
- Advanced practice clinician: $550
- ATLS instructor course
- Physician only: $1,400
- Airway Management
- Initial Assessment of a Trauma Patient
- Care of the patient with thoracic, abdominal, head, spinal cord and musculoskeletal trauma
Who Should Take This Course?
Anyadvanced practice healthcare professional involved in the care of trauma patients is eligible to take this course.
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
Questions? 610-447-2749 or email email@example.com.