Treating Conditions of the Liver, Pancreas and Biliary Tract
Crozer Health 's hepatobiliary specialists treat patients diagnosed with cancer or other diseases of the liver, biliary ducts of the liver and the pancreas. We use the most advanced technologies and therapies, such as minimally invasive laparoscopic prcoedures and SIR-Sphere(s), to aggressively manage and treat primary biliary and hepatic tumors, as well as metastatic cancers. Our goal is to provide care that is comprehensive, minimally invasive and personal.
Comprehensive, Minimally Invasive & Personal Care
Our physicians carefully evaluate each patient's clinical, radiologic, pathologic and molecular data and works with patients, families and their referring physicians to create an individualized, comprehensive plan of care that maximizes the quality of life.
Our team is committed to caring for each patient based on the extent of the disease, underlying cause and the level of residual liver and pancreatic function, concomitant diseases and therapies and the patient's unique history and preferences.
As early diagnosis become more common and increasingly important to improve outcomes using multimodality techniques, our physicians provide patients with therapies that are minimally invasive and far less toxic than the standard therapeutic options used in the past.
For those suffering from more complex disorders of the digestive tract, advanced endoscopic services are available to diagnose, evaluate and treat these disorders.
Diseases and Conditions Treated
- Benign tumors (such as hemangioma, adenoma, focal nodular hyperplasi)
- Cystic lesions, abscesses
- Primary tumors (such as hepatocellular carcinoma, intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma, fibrulamellar carcinoma)
- Metastatic tumors of other origins
- Biliary cysts
- Tumors and iatrogenic injuries
- Pancreatic adenocarcinoma
- Evaluation of cystic lesions
- Chronic pancreatitis
- Open liver resection
- Open pancreatic resection
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Diagnostic and Interventional Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)
- Minimally invasive laparoscopic liver procedures (such as laparoscopic pancreatic procedures, liver wedge resection, liver lobectomy, liver cyst removal)
- Radiofrequency ablation (percutaneous, open and laparoscopic)
- Surgical repair of bile duct injuries
- Full spectrum of interventional radiology procedures (liver biopsy, biliary drainage, portal vein embolization, arterial chemo embolization, TIPS).
- Interventional endoscopic ultrasound for the diagnosis and staging of hepato-pancreatico-biliary tumors
- Use of SIR-Sphere(s), an innovative treatment directed to liver tumors that uses radioactive embedded micro-particles injected directly into the tumor via its arterial supply
- Therapeutic endoscopies (stent placement in the pancreatic and bile duct, endoscopic drainage of pseudo-cysts)