Crozer-Chester Medical Center’s Psychiatry Residency Program
The Crozer-Chester Medical Center Psychiatry Residency Program provides comprehensive and rigorous academic and clinical training, based on contemporary educational models and evidence-based medicine.
Our mission is to train future psychiatrists who will provide compassionate, holistic, safe and high-quality care to patients in the immediate community of Delaware County, Philadelphia and the surrounding region. We are committed to developing thoughtful and dedicated physicians who will become lifelong learners and leaders, both in the field of psychiatry and in their communities.
We work in partnership with the community and its leaders to provide a full continuum of quality services that is both cost-effective and community responsive. Crozer-Chester Medical Center is located in a socioeconomically and ethnically diverse location. The department of psychiatry strives to deliver the highest-quality psychiatric care to our patients — regardless of gender, race, religion or financial status.
Our program’s goal is to train and develop psychiatrists who will:
- Provide compassionate, appropriate and effective patient care for the treatment of health conditions and the promotion of well-being
- Be knowledgeable of established and evolving biomedical, clinical, epidemiological and social-behavioral sciences, and apply this knowledge to patient care
- Investigate and evaluate their care of patients, appraise and assimilate scientific evidence
- Continuously improve patient care based on constant self-evaluation and life-long learning
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with patients, their families and health professionals
- Carry out their professional responsibilities with an adherence to ethical principles
- Be aware of and respond to the larger context and system of healthcare, as well as the ability to call effectively on other resources in the system to provide optimal healthcare
Our Residency Program
Crozer Health’s Psychiatry Residency Program, based at Crozer-Chester Medical Center, offers residents a unique experience working and learning in a crisis department, community outpatient department, inpatient psychiatry unit and geropsychiatry (geriatric psychiatry) unit.
Our faculty strives to create an atmosphere of clinical excellence and scholarship. Residents will receive exposure to various subspecialty areas within psychiatry, including:
- Substance use disorder care
- Emergency psychiatry services
- Child psychiatry
- Community outpatient psychiatry
- Consultation and liaison psychiatry
- Forensic psychiatry
Additionally, residents will:
- Learn to diagnose, manage and treat patients with psychiatric conditions
- Pursue scholarship and clinical research in psychiatry
- Receive education and supervision from experienced physicians and experts while learning to provide psychiatric care
Crozer-Chester Medical Center Psychiatry Residency Program on Instagram
Take a look at our resident-run account!